TEMSCON 2017 Venue Information
The convention hotel is the Santa Clara Hilton. The hotel web site is http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/S/SJCSCHF-IEEE7-20170607/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG . This hotel is across from the Santa Clara Convention center and adjacent to Levi Stadium. There are some other hotels in the area but public transportation is not excellent. We will provide addition hotel options later.
There are 3 major airports that serve Silicon Valley: SFO, SJC, and OAK
- San Francisco International (SFO) operates 24 hours and has many flights domestic and international
- Mineta San Jose Airport (SJC) operates limited hours and has a few international flights from Europe, China, and Japan. This airport is closest to the TEMSCON 2017 venue,but direct flights are limited
- Oakland International (OAK) operates many hours but is furthest from the event
- It is possible to take a train to the Hilton Santa Clara from SFO. Take the BART to Millbrae and then CalTrain to Mountain View and then the Light Rail to Great America station or Old Ironsides station. The Caltrain schedule is http://www.caltrain.com/schedules
- Taxi fare from SFO is about $120. Taxi and UBER fare from SJC is about $20.
- An estimate for UBER service is $50-100 from SFO
- The Shuttle service, such as SuperShuttle is about $35 from SFO
- You can rent a car at any of the airports.
- The Google maps provides the best public transportation recommendations
Getting to Hilton (by car) – also check the hotel web for more details
From San Francisco International Airport SFO (approximately 30 miles):
- Take Highway 101 South to Great America Parkway and turn left. Hilton Santa Clara is located on the right at the corner of Tasman and Great America Parkway.
From Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport SJC (5 miles):
- Turn left onto Airport Boulevard, then turn left onto Guadalupe Parkway. Follow the signs to Highway 101 North. Guadalupe Parkway will put you onto Highway 101 North. Take Great America Parkway and turn right into hotel lot by the Hilton sign.
Bay Area Activities
- The Bay Area has several attractions including ones right near the hotel.
- It is easy to get to San Francisco and see the sites
- Many Winery tours are available.
- More to come later.